I am delighted to report that this week The Lawyerist blog published my latest guest blog post, called "Five Tips for Faster Bar Exam Essays." Here's the outline. Fill it in by visiting the blog. http://bit.ly/KOrm5R
1. Use time as your structure. Write down what time you will start and finish every essay and every paragraph.
2. Always use principles of law to make your outline, not facts or conclusions.
3. Once you have your outline, think the essay through quickly, and then start writing immediately.
4. Treat each paragraph as a separate, timed, task, like a short-answer question.
5. Before the exam, train yourself to write concisely. Then use your self-editing skills on the bar exam.
If you can use Twitter, you can learn to write the bar exam essays!
There's a lot of meat on those bones in the blog post. Read all about my tips on The Lawyerist blog, here. http://bit.ly/KOrm5R
***** *** From Bar Write Blog's sponsor:
SCORING HIGH ON BAR EXAM ESSAYS . This book "may be the best money you can spend on bar exam preparation." -- The St. John's Law School Forum. PERFORM YOUR BEST ON THE BAR EXAM PERFORMANCE TEST (MPT): TRAIN TO FINISH THE MPT IN 90 MINUTES "LIKE A SPORT(TM). A Study Guide for All Bar Exam Performance Tests, and for Law Students and Practitioners, to Develop Strong Organizational Habits "Like a Sport" and Produce More Efficient Work Products. BARWRITE® TEN-DAY COACHING GROUP helps you pole-vault the bar. "My MBE went from a 126 to a 149!" - Gemma Waananen Kenney (Member, New York and New Jersey Bars). BARWRITE® THREE-DAY NEW YORK ESSAY AND ONE-DAY MPT BOOT CAMPS boost bar scores. "Dr. Gallagher takes the mass of information studied and teaches her students how to apply it effectively in essays." Christina Valentine, Australian solicitor (Member, New York Bar). Read the announcement here about those new BarWrite Three-Day New York Essay Boot Camps.